JillP








O.K. so really the White Rabbit is the one that is totally worried about the time, but I took some artistic liberties with this one!

What's up with artists and time management? I just can't seem to get a handle on this time thing. It seems like no matter how much time I have in a day to get stuff done, it is never enough. Why am I always struggling?

I think I have not gotten a handle on running my own business yet. I am a stay-at-home Mom with only a certain amount of time each day to spend on creating, advertising, and Etsy-ing! It seems like instead of working on business, I end up doing monotonous chores like laundry and sweeping. But these things have to get done, right? Why can't I just be a slob and not care how my house looks? Because I'm a perfectionist. I just can't create when my environment looks like crap.

I did receive an article from Etsy the other day about this exact thing. It was first intended for Christmas planning for sellers, but I think it is a really great resource all year round.

http://team.etsy.com/timemanagement.pdf

Another thing I want to do is set goals for the month of April, just like my new fellow blogger "Crafty Mishmash" did in her post: Well, I've finally done it!

My Goals for April:

  1. Finish 4 necklaces and 3 bracelets.
  2. Finish taking pictures of completed projects & list on Etsy
  3. Sign up for 4 craft fairs this Summer & get accepted to at least 2 of them
  4. Treat my husband better
  5. Finish one jewelry box
  6. Blog at least 3x weekly
  7. Don't die from exhaustion

I'll keep everyone posted on how #7 goes!

1 Response
  1. Beth H Says:

    great goals - good luck! especially with #7. ; )


Post a Comment